Faculty and Staff
Policies & Governance
- Graduate Education Policies
- Graduate Council
- Graduate Council Curricular Review Process
- GCAC-101 Graduate Faculty Membership
- Graduate Faculty Membership FAQs
- Graduate School Documents and Forms
Additional policies may be found:
- Penn State Policies
- Policies and Rules for Undergraduate Students
- Academic Administrative Policies and Procedures Manual
Graduate Enrollment Services
Funding & Awards
- Graduate Awards Tracking System (GRATS)
GRATS provides an administrative portal between the college graduate education offices and the Graduate School for information and tracking of the major Graduate School recruitment award programs: University Graduate Fellowships, Bunton-Waller, Graham and FEGR. Individuals with graduate program GRADS access use the tool for program-level administration of these awards programs. Training resources are available within the system. Individuals who need to request access may contact email@example.com with a description of their intended usage.
- University Support for Externally-Funded Graduate Fellowships
- Faculty Awards and Incentive Programs
- Graduate School Funding Program Administration
- Terms of Offer and General Conditions of a Graduate Assistantship
- Report on the Policies and Practices Related to the English Proficiency of International Teaching Assistants
Advising & Mentoring
- Guidelines and Best Practices for Doctoral Committees
- Guiding Principles for Good Practice in Graduate Education
- Research Ethics
- Teaching Ethics
Program Data & Metrics
- Graduate Executive Information Suite
The Graduate Executive Information Suite includes a wide variety of program metrics (application data, demographic data, time-to-degree, etc.). Individuals who need to request access may contact the Dean’s office. Doctoral program review data are open access; see Doctoral Degree Program Metrics.
- Doctoral Graduate Placement Portal
The Doctoral Graduate Placement Portal is a data site created and maintained by the Graduate School that captures the career placement outcomes of Penn State's approximately 700 annual doctoral degree recipients. Starting with the summer 2016 graduating cohort, the portal contains career placement data on over 95 percent of Penn State's doctoral graduates. The data within the portal may be sorted by graduating cohort, student name, academic program, campus, faculty advisor, job category, position, employer, state, country, and other pertinent categories. The data are presented in both dashboard and Excel formats. Access to the Doctoral Graduate Placement Portal is password protected. Individuals who need to request access may contact the Dean’s office. There is an Instructions tab in the program with a detailed guide on entering placement data.
- Graduate Program Management System (GPMS)
The GPMS contains contact information for the various roles associated with each graduate program/plan and can also be used to search for graduate programs and graduate faculty members. News and other important updates from the Graduate School are distributed to the specific role-based groups in the GPMS. This system also allows the Graduate School and graduate programs to direct students to the appropriate individuals within each program. Staff members listed in the GPMS system as Primary Program Contact or Program Coordinator can update all roles in GPMS except for Program Head; see the GPMS Documentation for instructions.