Graduate Exhibition Archive of Award Winners
2022 Award Winners
Research Poster Option
Arts & Humanities
- Lindsey Chandler. The Liberal Arts / Spanish. "Novel Verb Reading in First- and Second-Language Spanish"
- Katherine Ellis. The Liberal Arts / French. "Does Trauma Have a Race? The Role of French Imperialism in Conceptualizing Trauma and Recovery in Western Medicine (1914-1918)"
- Farzaneh Oghazian. Arts and Architecture / Architecture. "From Physical Model Making to Calibrated Digital Model For Tensioned Knitted Textile Structures"
- Brooke Tybush. The Liberal Arts / French. "Sexual Mentorship and Feminist Resistance in Eighteenth-Century French Literature"
- Scott Doebler. The Liberal Arts / History. "Madalena, Plaintiff: Violence, Enslavement, and Survival of a Transatlantic Indigenous Woman, 1535-1553"
- Robert Klosinski. The Liberal Arts / German. "Stop contrasts in Misiones, Argentina and Ohio, USA"
- Douglas Kulchar. The Liberal Arts / English. "Applied Demonology: Thermodynamics and Decision"
- Shuyuan Liu. The Liberal Arts / Applied Linguistics. "Intercultural online communication during the global pandemic: Polysemiotic pragmatic strategies for effective and cooperative English as a lingua franca synchronous virtual interactions"
- Katie Warczak. The Liberal Arts / English. "Entangling Narratives: Race, Animality, Disability and the “Science” of Degeneracy in The Island of Doctor Moreau and Dracula"
- Alberto Bejarano Romo. The Liberal Arts / Philosophy. "Anibal Quijano and The Coloniality of Power"
- Steven Casement. The Liberal Arts / History. "Ciphers, Cynics, and Codes: Epistolary Diplomacy During the Restoration"
- Eric Disbro. The Liberal Arts / French and Francophone Studies. "Trans-Inclusive Pedagogies for the Francophone Literature Classroom: A Case Study"
- Morgane Haesen. The Liberal Arts / French. "An Ever-Bleeding Heart: Life Writings in the Alsace-Lorraine Borderland, 1870-1918"
- Kelly Kaelin. The Liberal Arts / History. "To be Proposed as Useful: Women and the Moravian Church in the Atlantic World"
- Ryan Pilcher. The Liberal Arts / French. "Educating Feeling: Race and Sentimental Science in Aglaé Comte’s Histoire naturelle racontée à la jeunesse"
- Tasneem Tariq. Arts and Architecture / Architecture. "IMPACT OF VEGETATED INFRASTRUCTURE TO MITIGATE THE URBAN HEAT ISLAND EFFECT IN DHAKA, BANGLADESH"
- Vishnu Kumar. Engineering / Industrial Engineering. "Machine Learning based Suicide Prediction and Development of Suicide Vulnerability Index for US Counties"
- Jingyi Xie. Information Sciences and Technology / Informatics. "Iterative Design and Prototyping of Computer Vision Mediated Remote Sighted Assistance"
- Jie Li. Arts and Architecture / Architecture. "Attain building energy efficiency in real life rather than in virtual computer models: examining the energy performance gap between the predicted value and the actual used value"
- Asif Mahmud. Engineering / Civil Engineering. "Estimation of Crash Type Frequency Accounting for Misclassification in Crash Data"
- Ozguc Capunaman. Arts and Architecture / Architecture. "See - Sense - Respond: Adaptive Intelligent Robotic Fabrication of Fiber-Reinforced Composite Architectural Panels"
- Dongkuan Xu. Information Sciences and Technology / Information Sciences and Technology. "InfoGCL: Information-Aware Graph Contrastive Learning"
Health & Life Sciences
- Nina Camillone. Agricultural Sciences / Soil Science. "Soil health under shade-grown coffee in Costa Rica"
- Staci Cibotti. Agricultural Sciences / Entomology. "Differential effects of clothianidin exposure on metabolic rates across life stages in the monarch butterfly (Danaus plexippus)"
- Hanim Diktas. Health and Human Development / Nutritional Sciences. "Promoting vegetable intake in preschool children: Independent and combined effects of portion size and flavor enhancement"
- Jigar Gosalia. Health and Human Development / Kinesiology. "Moderating Effects of Arterial Stiffness on Cognitive Performance in Individuals with Metabolic Syndrome"
- Vinicius Buiatte de Andrade Alves. Agricultural Sciences / Animal Science. "A flavonoid-rich corn cultivar developed at Penn State decreases the impacts caused by Necrotic Enteritis in broilers"
- Ana Carla Chierighini Salamunes. Health and Human Development / Kinesiology. "Energy Deficiency-related Differences Between Japanese And American Female Athletes"
- Maria da Silva. Intercollege / Integrative and Biomedical Physiology. "Endometrial transcriptome in response to intrauterine infusions of secretory proteins from the bovine conceptus"
- Abbygale Hackenberger. College of Nursing / Nursing. "ICU Diaries: A Pilot Program"
- Anne Johnson. Agricultural Sciences / Entomology. "Effects of spotted lanternfly’s access to tree of heaven on predation by native arthropods"
- Mark Colapietro. Health and Human Development / Kinesiology. "Use of Blood Flow Restriction Training Among Sports Medicine Practitioners in North America"
- Daniel Davis. Health and Human Development / Kinesiology. "The 'Springy' and Rigid Behavior of the Human Foot in Running"
- Gabrielle Dillon. Health and Human Development / Kinesiology. "Nitric Oxide-dependent Cutaneous Vasodilation is not Altered in Adults Following SARS-CoV-2 Infection"
Physical Sciences & Mathematics
- Nour Hawila. College of Medicine / Biostatistics. "Bayesian Analysis of Interrater and Intrarater Reliability with Multilevel Data"
Social & Behavioral Sciences
- Paige Cunningham. Health and Human Development / Nutritional Sciences. "Lower inhibitory control is related to greater food intake across meals varying in portion size"
- Courtney Gerver. The Liberal Arts / Psychology. "Examining the effects of a creativity-specificity induction on creative divergent thinking and memory in aging"
- Jason Griffin. The Liberal Arts / Psychology. "EVALUATING EYE GAZE PERCEPTION DEFICITS IN AUTISM SPECTRUM DISORDERS USING A COMPUTATIONAL MODELING APPROACH"
- Maggie Hernandez. The Liberal Arts / Anthropology. "Noventa Millas: Migration history, genomic ancestry, and health disparities among Cuban immigrants and Cuban-Americans in Miami, Florida"
- Renkai Ma. Information Sciences and Technology / Informatics. "“How advertiser-friendly is my video?”: YouTuber’s Socioeconomic Interactions with Algorithmic Content Moderation"
- Jamison Malcolm. Agricultural Sciences / Agricultural and Extension Education. "Beyond Participation: A Case Study of Youth As Researchers and Community Development in North Philadelphia"
- Ayse Akyildiz. Health and Human Development / Recreation, Park and Tourism Management. "Agent-Based Microsimulations for Emergency Evacuation in Rocky Mountain National Park"
- Cole Callen. The Liberal Arts / Spanish. "Grammatical variation in children's acquisition of Brazilian Portuguese"
- Kevin Rosenfield. The Liberal Arts / Anthropology. "Co-evolution of male and female mating strategies in non-human primates"
- Tianfang Wang. The Liberal Arts / Applied Linguistics. "The Concept of Conceptual Metaphor as a Psychological Tool for English Learners’ L2 Development"
- Xunyue Xue. Health and Human Development / Hospitality Management. "Instant Karma: the role of karmic-investment mindset in charitable giving"
- Sana Ahrar. Arts and Architecture / Architecture. "Delhi’s leisure spaces: Patterns of spatial use in a mixed-income informal settlement"
- Barbara Atanga. Health and Human Development / Hospitality Management. "Corporate Sociopolitical Activism (CSA): Consumer response to contribution type"
- Kendra Flood. Agricultural Sciences / Agricultural and Extension Education. "Principals' Perceptions and the Decision-Making Process on Extended Contracts for Agricultural Education Teachers"
- Kerby Goff. The Liberal Arts / Sociology. "Ecumenism and Women’s Higher Education as Precursors to World Society: A Network Analysis of Global Protestant Higher Education in the Early 20th Century"
- Kaitlin Riegler. The Liberal Arts / Psychology. "Prospective Implications of Insufficient Sleep for Athletes"
- Sonya Trawick. The Liberal Arts / Spanish. "Revisiting the Concept of "Triggering" of Code-Switching"
- Jason Williamson. The Liberal Arts / Psychology. "Workplace Loneliness: The Role of Political Identity Dissimilarity and Organizational Identification"
- Elena Vazquez. Arts and Architecture / Architecture. "Bistable kinetic screen for daylight control in buildings"
- Rosalind Isquith. Arts and Architecture / Theatre. "Designing a Neurodivergent Stage: A Scenic Design for "The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time""
- Anna Piotti. The Liberal Arts / German. "(Co)constructing Antiracist Pedagogy: Expanding on standing departmental approaches to foreign language teaching"
- Jeremy Eiben. Arts and Architecture / Theatre. "Tartuffe - A Look into Period and Modern Design"
- Cecilia Leskowicz. Arts and Architecture / Performance. "(un)broken"
- Wenyi Xiong. Arts and Architecture / Piano Performance. "Performing on “The Serpent's Kiss”"
- Andrea Alvarado Troncoso. Arts and Architecture / Performance. "Loeffler Rhapsodie for Viola, Oboe, and Piano"
- Rebecca Reeder. Arts and Architecture / Performance. "Wind Quintet in G minor by Paul Taffanel"
- Malcolm Taylor. Arts and Architecture / Performance. "Tchik for Solo Snare Drum"
- Mary Smith. Agricultural Sciences / Plant Pathology. "Annotating the genomicially concealed weapons of Pseudomonas syringae"
- Taylor Hare. The Liberal Arts / English. "Reading Access: Disability, Textuality, and the Editorial Tradition of Early Modern English Drama"
- Connor Huxman. Engineering / Mechanical Engineering. ""Implanting Flexibility" - Leveraging Mechanical Compliance for Improved Orthopedic Implants"
Visual Arts Option
- Emily Wright. Arts and Architecture / Art. "To Make Food for Your Siblings"
- Harrison Boden. Arts and Architecture / Art. "Death Becomes Her"
- Mengqi Xu. Arts and Architecture / Art. "Vessel - The Food Eats You Back When You Eat"