Graduate Student Life
There are many resources you can utilize while pursuing your graduate degree at Penn State. Below you'll find more information and links to additional services you have access to as a graduate student.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com, and you can suggest adding a resource to this page by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Welcome New Students
View Graduate Student Life and Well-Being resources.
- Physical and Mental Health
- Life Hacks with CAPS
- CAPS’ Community Provider Database
Please use this resource to search for private mental health care providers in the communities surrounding Penn State campuses.
- CAPS Chat
- Commonwealth Campuses Counseling Services
- Wellness Self-help Resources
- Campus Safety
- Campus Recreation
- Center for the Performing Arts
- Sokolov-Miller Family Financial and Life Skills Center
- Graduate and Professional Student Association
The official governing body of graduate and professional students at University Park.
Learn more about graduate student organizations by searching the database of student organizations.
Living in State College
- Finding Off-Campus Housing and Roommates
Graduate and professional students can filter housing choices to options that are applicable to graduate/professional students under "More Filters" and "Convenient For" at the bottom of the search criteria options. Graduate students can also search for roommates that are also graduate students.
- Local Transportation
- Community Events
Help and Support
- Conflict Resolution
- Health Resources
- Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS)
- Crisis Services
- University Police and Public Safety
- University Health Services
- After-hours advice: 24/7 Advice Nurse: 814-863-4463
- If you need immediate assistance, please call 911
- Medical Services
- Schedule an Appointment
- Health Information & Resources
- Penn State Student Health Insurance Plan
- Leave of Absence policy
- Student Disability Resources
- Student Care and Advocacy
- Student Legal Services
- Resources for Reporting Wrongdoing