Graduate Exhibition Archive of Award Winners
2021 Award Winners
Arts & Humanities
- Michael Nowak. Arts and Architecture / Architecture. "Designing 'Safe' Schools: Identifying Areas of Research in School Safety & Security"
- Maria Puscama. The Liberal Arts / Spanish. "Acoustic correlates of diphthong/hiatus contrast in L2 Spanish learners"
- Paulina Rodriguez. The Liberal Arts / History. "“Deportistas! Mexican American Women, Sporting Citizenship, and Belonging in the Twentieth Century”"
- Liana Glew. The Liberal Arts / English. "Documenting Insanity: Paperwork and Patient Narratives in Psychiatric History"
- Camila Gutierrez Fuentes. The Liberal Arts / Comparative Literature. "Boys Love in Latin America: The Migration of Aesthetics in Contemporary Graphic Narrative"
- Francesco Lacopo. The Liberal Arts / History. ""The Curious Case of Ancona: “Levantines,” Accommodationism, and Papal Imperialism in the Sixteenth-Century Mediterranean, 1532-1555""
- Brooke Tybush. The Liberal Arts / French. "Like Mother Like Daughter: Maternity, Sexuality, and the Courtesan Mother in 18th-century French and Francophone Literature"
- Amy Farley. Earth and Mineral Sciences / Geographic Information Systems. "Open-source, serverless web-mapping:A Case Study for the Agriculture Industry"
- Prakash Purswani. Earth and Mineral Sciences / Energy and Mineral Engineering. "Impact of Wettability on Capillary Phase Trapping using Pore-Network Modeling"
- Asif Mahmud. Engineering / Civil Engineering. "Analyzing Effect of Preliminary Preference and Inertia in Unlabeled Choice Experiment"
Health & Life Sciences
- Maria Da Silva. Intercollege / Integrative and Biomedical Physiology. "Expression of immune tolerance molecules in peripheral blood leukocytes of dairy heifers during early pregnancy"
- Christian Cantos. Intercollege / Plant Biology. "Targeted gene editing via CRISPR/Cas for rice crop improvement"
- Gabrielle Dillon. Health and Human Development / Kinesiology. "Cutaneous microvascular endothelial function is impaired in adults who are nocturnal blood pressure non-dippers compared to dippers."
- Kiana Coleman. Agricultural Sciences / Food Science. "Anti-Inflammatory Effects of Cocoa Supplementation in a Mouse Model of Inflammatory Bowel Disease"
- Chandlar Kern. Agricultural Sciences / Animal Science. "Role of the bovine PRAMEY protein in sperm function during in vitro fertilization (IVF)"
- Justin Shih. Agricultural Sciences / Plant Pathology. "Speed Breeding Disease Resistant Rice Using Novel Precision Genome Editing Tools"
Physical Sciences & Mathematics
- Sierra Melton. Earth and Mineral Sciences / Geosciences. "Iceberg calving and meltwater drainage at the ice-cliff terminus of Helheim Glacier, Greenland"
- Julia Carr. Earth and Mineral Sciences / Geosciences. "Quantifying changes in bed state and grain mobility in steep bedrock rivers through repeat photogrammetric surveys"
- Claire Kelling. Eberly College of Science / Statistics. "A Two-Stage Cox Process Model with Spatial and Nonspatial Covariates"
Social & Behavioral Sciences
- Aaishay Haque. Capital College / Applied Behavior Analysis. "Optimizing Schedules of Reinforcement for Skill Acquisition: A Systematic Review"
- Samuel Bestvater. The Liberal Arts / Political Science. "From Clicks to Collective Action: How Online Activism Promotes Individual Protest Mobilization"
- Kendra Flood. Agricultural Sciences / Agricultural and Extension Education. "Extended Contract Beliefs of Pennsylvania Agriculture Teachers"
- Ryan Naylor. Health and Human Development / Recreation, Park and Tourism Management. "Livelihood Sovereignty and Social Capital: Analyzing Social Capabilities in times of Economic Transition and Climate Instability"
- Trevor Bero. The Liberal Arts / Spanish. "Rhotic variation in northern Belize"
- Dylan Davis. The Liberal Arts / Anthropology. "Archaeology Highlights Strategies for Coping with Climate Change"
- Quinn Wade. Intercollege / Neuroscience. "Role of Tim-2 in CNS Myelination"
- Bi Yang. Health and Human Development / Hospitality Management. "“Chef recommended” or “most popular”? Cultural differences in customer preference for recommendation labels"
- Jennifer Delac. Arts and Architecture / Theatre. ""Take a Walk in My Shoes""
- Alyssa Ridder. Arts and Architecture / Theatre. "Les Mis: The Video Game"
- Elizabeth Andrzejewski. Arts and Architecture / Architecture. "Konrad Wachsmann’s Shift from Product to Process: Prefiguring Automated Industrialized Building in Architecture Through Developments in “Universal” Building Machines"
- Ryan Douglass. Arts and Architecture / Theatre. "Jekyll and Hyde: Designing the Spectacular and the Intimate for The MUNY Stage"
- Junwen Liang. Arts and Architecture / Piano Performance. "Ravel's Alborada del gracioso"
- Ciara Newman. Arts and Architecture / Pedagogy and Performance. ""Mescíku na nebi hlubokém" from Antonín Dvorák's Ruslaka: Performed by Ciara Emily Newman, soprano"
- Euna Kim. Arts and Architecture / Piano Performance. "Liszt Rigoletto Paraphrase"
- Jennifer Rocco. Arts and Architecture / Performance. "Shalom Aleichem, Rov Feidman! by Béla Kovács"
- Oladuni Lasisi. The Liberal Arts / Anthropology. "Quantifying hair morphology with new methods in sample preparation and image analysis"
- Rebecca Fleeman. College of Medicine / Biomedical Sciences. "Understanding the Combined Effects of Genetic and Lifestyle Risk Factors For Alzheimer’s Disease"
- Morgane Haesen. The Liberal Arts / French. "An Ever-Bleeding Heart: Life Writings in the Alsace-Lorraine Borderland, 1870-1920"
- Si Chen. Earth and Mineral Sciences / Geosciences. "Superhydrous Hematite and Goethite: A Potential Water Reservoir in the Red Dust of Mars?"
- Mustafa Rifat. Engineering / Industrial Engineering. "Effect of as-built Surface Roughness on the Surface Smoothing and Residual Stress Development in 3d Printed Ti-6Al-4V after Shot Peening"
Visual Arts Option
- Olorunfemi Kinrin. Arts and Architecture / Art. "DISCRIMINATION AND HUMANITY"
- Madeleine Quinn. Arts and Architecture / Art. "Scopaesthesia"
- Alexandra Russell. Arts and Architecture / Art. "When it has passed, what will you keep?"