Graduate Exhibition Archive of Award Winners
2018 Award Winners
Research Poster Option
Arts & Humanities
- Mahyar Hadighi. Arts and Architecture / Architecture. "Adapting Modern Architecture to a Local Context: A Grammar for Hajjar's Hybrid Domestic Architecture"
- Elizabeth Liendo. The Liberal Arts / Comparative Literature. "Doodles, Commentary, and Interjections: Medieval Manuscripts of Ovid's Amores"
- Hyoun-A Joo. The Liberal Arts / German. "What does integration look like in times of globalization? The case of Korean immigrants in Germany"
- Irem Oz. Arts and Architecture / Architecture. "SPACES OF IDENTITY: THE ROLE OF THE MARXLOH MOSQUE IN SHAPING TURKISH-GERMAN WOMEN’S INTEGRATION AND SENSE OF COMMUNITY"
- Soledad Sanchez. Arts and Architecture / Theatre. "THE SCENIC DESIGN CREATIVE PROCESS"
- Lara Schwarz. The Liberal Arts / German. "Strategies for Coping with Attrition and Complexity in Heritage Languages"
- Yuchen Bian. Information Sciences and Technology / Information Sciences and Technology. "Many Heads are Better than One: Local Community Detection by the Multi-Walker Chain"
- Preeya Kuray. Earth and Mineral Sciences / Materials Science and Engineering. "Improving the Ionic Mobility and Aggregation of Polymerized Ionic Liquids for Safer Electrolyte Applications"
- Kazim Kerim Moncal. Engineering / Engineering Science. "IN SITU BIOPRINTING OF BONE TISSUE CONSTRUCTS FOR CRANIOMAXILLAOFACIAL REPAIR"
- Manal Anis. Arts and Architecture / Architecture. "Responsive Skin: Designing an Adaptive Envelope with Bamboo as a Hygroscopically Active Material"
- Behnoud Kermani. Engineering / Civil Engineering. "Experimental and Numerical Study of Subgrade Soil Migration into Pavement Subbase and Mitigation Using Geotextile"
- Devesh Kumar. Earth and Mineral Sciences / Energy and Mineral Engineering. "Ensemble-based History Matching and Uncertainty Quantification for Reservoirs Exhibiting Complex Non-Gaussian Characteristics"
Health & Life Sciences
- Ashley Miller. College of Nursing / Nursing. "Developing LGBT Competencies in an RN Residency Program"
- Alyssa Tindall. Health and Human Development / Nutritional Sciences. "Cardiovascular Benefits of Replacing Saturated Fat with Polyunsaturated Fat or Monounsaturated Fat from Walnuts or Vegetable Oils"
- James Fraser. Intercollege / Molecular, Cellular, and Integrative Biosciences. "A very bloody ‘Who Done it’: The adult spleen, not the bone marrow is responsible for red blood cell production during acute malaria infection."
- Yasina Somani. Health and Human Development / Kinesiology. "Backing into menopause: patterns of blood flow in the balance"
- Allyson Favuzza. College of Nursing / Nursing. "Increasing Human Papillomavirus Vaccination Rates through a Multimedia Intervention"
- Shaneice Nettleford. Agricultural Sciences / Pathobiology. "A Gut Feeling: How Does the Micronutrient, Selenium, Protect Against Gut Infections"
Physical Sciences & Mathematics
- Kalle Jahn. Earth and Mineral Sciences / Geosciences. "Preferential subsurface water flow through deep tropical soils"
- Kirsty McKenzie. Earth and Mineral Sciences / Geosciences. "Links between subduction megathrust earthquakes and upper-plate brittle deformation in the Pacific Northwest and Globally"
- Joshua Woda. Earth and Mineral Sciences / Geosciences. "Monitoring Gas Migration and Aquifer Degradation near Problematic Shale Gas Wells"
Social & Behavioral Sciences
- Allison Brown. Agricultural Sciences / Food Science. "“I’ve got the golden ticket”— consumer perception of premium chocolate"
- Erin Guty. The Liberal Arts / Psychology. "Executive Functioning in College Students with Chronic Postconcussion Symptoms"
- Matthew Denny. The Liberal Arts / Political Science. "Allies or Enemies? Agency Goals, Party Ideology, and The Politics of Statutory Constraint"
- Scott Graupensperger. Health and Human Development / Kinesiology. "Everyone else is doing it: The association between social identity and susceptibility to peer influence in NCAA athletes"
- Dshawn Harrigan. Behrend College / Applied Clinical Psychology. "How our Clothing Choices Enhance our Memory and Creativity"
- Michael Fiorentino. Agricultural Sciences / Agricultural and Extension Education. "Influence of National Agricultural Research Agenda Priority Areas on Agricultural and Extension Education Scholarship: A Review of the Journal of Agricultural Education (1996-2016)"
- Emily Grossner. The Liberal Arts / Psychology. "Connectivity Differences Predict Metacognitive Accuracy Following Moderate to Severe Traumatic Brain Injury"
- Alexander McKay. The Liberal Arts / Psychology. "When are Strong Ties Best for Creativity? Examining the Role of Experienced Creative Time Pressure"
- Maria Molina Davila. Donald P. Bellisario College of Communications / Mass Communications. "I Am What You Eat: Effects of Social Influence on Meal Selection Online"
- Ruth Pobee. Health and Human Development / Nutritional Sciences. "Hemoglobin Concentration is Associated with Affective Variables in Early Pregnancy"
- Katherine Kessler. Arts and Architecture / Performance. "Hommage à Manuel de Falla"
- Alma Bulibekova. Arts and Architecture / Music. "Kyi for violin and chamber orchestra"
- Juliana Alfano. Arts and Architecture / Voice Performance and Pedagogy. "Glitter and be Gay"
- Erin McDaniels. Arts and Architecture / Voice Performance and Pedagogy. "1) Donde lieta uscì; 2) What good would the moon be?"
- Pierre-Clément Simon. Engineering / Nuclear Engineering. "Improving the safety of nuclear energy: developing a grand potential model of hydride morphology in zirconium alloy nuclear fuel cladding"
- William Rice. Health and Human Development / Recreation, Park and Tourism Management. "Wanderlost: Benefit Interference in the Tetons"
- Oladuni Tina Rissicat Lasisi. The Liberal Arts / Anthropology. "More than meets the eye: what chemical analyses can reveal about hair color"
Visual Arts Option
- Lydia Ventrelli. Arts and Architecture / Art. "Weeping Willow Tree: Fall Collection and Spring Preview"
- Amirmasoud Agharebparast. Arts and Architecture / Art. "Iranians, Objects, Words"
- Hannah Foster. Arts and Architecture / Art. "Artist Statement"