Graduate Exhibition Archive of Award Winners
2017 Award Winners
Research Poster Option
Arts & Humanities
- Julio Diarte. Arts and Architecture / ARCHITECTURE. "Transforming Waste Cardboard into Alternative Construction Materials: Radical Material Re-use for Self-built, Compact, and Affordable Housing"
- Angelica Rocio Rodriguez Ramirez. Arts and Architecture / ARCHITECTURE. "Impact of Architectural Design Features of Communal Spaces in Social Housing Projects on Residential Satisfaction and Quality of Spaces"
- Pin-Yun Wang. Liberal Arts / APPLIED LINGUISTICS. "A Cognitive-Pragmatic Study on Modal Verbs of Possibility in Chinese: The Case of Neng"
- Lauren Camacci. Liberal Arts / COMMUNICATION ARTS AND SCIENCES. "The Blueprint and the Mirror: Richard Nixon’s Presidential Rhetoric and American Masculinity"
- Lindsey Kurtz. Liberal Arts / APPLIED LINGUISTICS. "Conceptual Development of Analogical Reasoning in the Second Language Legal Classroom"
- James Maxson. Liberal Arts / COMMUNICATION ARTS AND SCIENCES. "Burying the King Again: Buddy Bolden’s Jazz Funeral and Defleshed Memory"
- Brittany Banik. Intercollege Graduate Degree Programs / BIOENGINEERING. "Multiscale Approach to Bioinstructive Synthetic Scaffold Design for Tendon Tissue Engineering"
- Jaskanwal Chhabra. Engineering / CIVIL ENGINEERING. "Sequential Decision Process for the Design of Resilient and Sustainable Buildings"
- Xiong Lei. Earth and Mineral Sciences, / PETROLEUM AND NATURAL GAS ENGINEERING. "Joint Inversion of Compressional and Shear Wave Attenuation to Characterize Gas Reservoirs"
- Clara Capparelli. Engineering / CHEMICAL ENGINEERING. "The Influence of Morphology on Micropatterned Photopolymerizable Ion Exchange Membranes"
- Pei Wang. Information Sciences and Technology / INFORMATION SCIENCES AND TECHNOLOGY. "Translingual Obfuscation"
Health & Life Sciences
- Faris Zuraikat. Health and Human Development / NUTRITION. "An Offer You Can’t Refuse: Serving Larger Portions Leads to Increased Intake Despite a Year of Portion-control Training"
- Sara Klee. Agricultural Sciences / PLANT PATHOLOGY. "Taking Advantage of Native Phyllobacteria to Manage Fire Blight Disease in Pennsylvania’s Apple Orchards"
- Chaoran Ma. Health and Human Development / NUTRITION. "Probable Rapid Eye Movement Sleep Behavior Disorder and Risk of Stroke: A Prospective Study"
- Maliheh Safari. Agricultural Sciences / PLANT PATHOLOGY. "Evolution of a Plant Persistent Virus and its Modification of Aphid Behavior"
- Lauren Abbott. Health and Human Development / RECREATION, PARK AND TOURISM MANAGEMENT. "Understanding Soundscape Perceptions in National Parks"
- Mihaela Ciulei. Health and Human Development / NUTRITION. "The Prevalence of Postpartum Depressive Symptoms in Iron Deficient and Iron Sufficient Mothers from Rural Bangladesh"
- Adwitia Dey. Intercollege Graduate Degree Programs / PHYSIOLOGY. "A Tell-Tale Mind: What Diet Induced Obesity Can Tell us About our Aging Brain"
- Samantha McKinney. Agricultural Sciences / ANIMAL SCIENCE. "Pathogen Survival in Fermented Dry Sausages Using a Low-Temperature Heat Treatment"
- Marcia Satryan. School of Nursing / NURSING. "Impact of a Self-Learning End-of-Life Module on Nurses' Knowledge and Attitude"
- Yasina Somani. Health and Human Development / KINESIOLOGY. "Acute Nitrate Supplementation Lowers Retrograde Shear Stress in Post-menopausal Women"
Physical Sciences & Mathematics
- Joanmarie Delvecchio. Earth and Mineral Sciences, / GEOSCIENCES. "A Long-lived Record of Climate-modulated Erosion Preserved in a Sandstone Headwater Valley, Central Pennsylvania"
- Austin White-Gaynor. Earth and Mineral Sciences, / GEOSCIENCES. "High-Resolution Body Wave Tomography of the Ross Sea Embayment, Antarctica"
- Maeva Pourpoint. Earth and Mineral Sciences, / GEOSCIENCES. "High Resolution Shear-Wave Velocity Structure of Greenland from Earthquake and Ambient Noise Surface Wave Tomography"
Social & Behavioral Sciences
- Peiyuan Wang. Health and Human Development / KINESIOLOGY. "A Continuous Force Go/No-go Task Improves Sensitivity in Examination of Inhibitory Control in Young Adults with and without ADHD"
- Lauren Halberstadt. Liberal Arts / SPANISH. "Investigating Community Norms and Linguistic Mechanisms in Codeswitching: Bridging Linguistic Theory and Psycholinguistic Experimentation"
- Sarah Patterson. Intercollege Graduate Degree Programs / DEMOGRAPHY. "Family Structure and Adult Children’s Aid to Their Parents"
- Chih-Hsiang Yang. Health and Human Development / KINESIOLOGY. "Feasibility and Preliminary Efficacy of a Mindful Walking Program for Reducing Negative Affect in Older Adults"
- Melissa Gutworth. Liberal Arts / PSYCHOLOGY. "Leader-Follower Fit and the Creative Process"
- David Lander. Liberal Arts / ECONOMICS. "Borrowing and Welfare Implications of an Income Floor"
- Jessica Meyer. Liberal Arts / PSYCHOLOGY. "Frequency of Subconcussive Head Injuries, Traumatic Brain Injuries, and Hypoxic Brain Injuries in Victims of Intimate Partner Violence: Pilot Data"
- Maridel Reyes. Agricultural Sciences / FOOD SCIENCE. "Influence of Consumer Attitudes of Sweeteners on Intended Intake of Flavored Milk in Adolescent Women"
- Anthony Poehailos. Arts and Architecture / PERFORMANCE. "Arlequin"
- Fabio Saggin. Arts and Architecture / MUSIC. "Brasiliana"
- Stephen Fleming. Arts and Architecture / MUSIC. "KíM for Solo Snare Drum"
- Wyatt Culler. Engineering / MECHANICAL ENGINEERING. "Experimental Investigation of Fuel Staging Transients in a Multi-Nozzle Combustor"
- Ece Alat. Earth and Mineral Sciences, / MATERIAL SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING. "Ceramic Coating for Corrosion (C3) Resistance of Nuclear Fuel Cladding"
- George Lohay. Eberly College of Science / BIOLOGY. "Identifying Connectivity and Gene Flow Barriers for the African Savanna Elephants between the Greater Serengeti Ecosystem and Metapopulations in Northern Tanzania"
Visual Arts Option
- Lindsey Landfried. Arts and Architecture / ART. "Ultraviolet"
- Valerie Dillon. Arts and Architecture / ART. "Interfacing"
- Ciara Newton. Arts and Architecture / ART EDUCATION. "Disturbed Expressions: The Displaced and Reform of Dialect"