Admission - Research Master's
To set admission requirements for research master’s degree programs (M.A. and M.S.).
To ensure that all students pursuing a research master’s degree (M.A. or M.S.) have adequate undergraduate preparation in order to complete their intended graduate studies.
All research master’s degree programs (M.A. and M.S.).
- Applicants to research master’s degree programs must meet the Graduate Council’s basic admission requirements (see GCAC-301 Qualifications for Admission).
- The specific undergraduate preparation required, including specific courses and the total number of undergraduate credits required, is determined by the graduate program, as approved through the Graduate Council curricular review process.
- An applicant who is deficient in course preparation may, at discretion of the program, be provisionally admitted to the Graduate School and be allowed to make up the undergraduate deficiencies. (See GCAC-303 Provisional Admission).
- Approved by Graduate Council, October 18, 2023. Effective immediately.
- Policy Statement #3 revised for clarity.
- Adapted from Graduate Bulletin: July 2018