Continuity of Registration and Resume Study
To define continuity of registration, and the process for readmission to The Graduate School when continuity of registration is not maintained.
To ensure students continue to make progress towards their degree.
All graduate students.
- A student who is a degree candidate at any of the five graduate campuses of the University and who registers there without interruption for each fall and spring semester is considered to have maintained a normal continuity of registration.
- A student who has been admitted as a “summers only” D.Ed. candidate (see GCAC-700-J Doctor of Education Degree Requirements) can maintain continuity by registering each summer for a six-week summer session.
- Anyone who has interrupted the normal sequence and now plans to return and register for course work should submit an application as a Returning Graduate Student.
- Applying for readmission for any specific semester or session is required as follows:
- Summer Session--Resume Study/Change of Degree or Major application required unless the student was registered for the preceding spring semester or the preceding summer session (if “summers only” student).
- Fall Semester--Resume Study/Change of Degree or Major application required unless the student was registered for the preceding summer session or the preceding spring semester.
- Spring Semester--Resume Study/Change of Degree or Major application required unless the student was registered for the preceding fall semester.
Adapted from Graduate Bulletin: June 2018