General Admissions Standards Policy GCAC-303
- Provisional admission may be granted to applicants whose credentials are not complete at the time of application because the baccalaureate degree has not yet been conferred, grades for the current semester are not yet available, etc. Completion of admission in such cases is dependent upon receipt of the missing credentials.
- Provisional admission is subject to cancellation if the complete credentials, on arrival, do not meet the requirements for admission.
- While students are in provisional admission status, certification of any earned credits will be withheld.
- Provisional admission is a temporary classification in which an applicant may remain for a period of either one or two semesters (depending on the provisional type) following admission.
- If the conditions of provisional admission are not met within that time, the student may be dropped from the program.
- If admission is canceled for any reason, the student is dropped automatically from the Graduate School.
- All provisional conditions must be met before a student reaches an academic benchmark. Benchmarks include completion of a master’s program, and the doctoral qualifying, comprehensive, and final oral examinations.
- No student will be permitted to graduate who has not met the conditions of his or her provisional admission.
Last Graduate Bulletin update: August 2016
Adapted from Graduate Bulletin: June 2018