To describe the requirements for submitting a thesis for a research master’s degree (M.A. or M.S.).
To ensure that all master’s theses have the appropriate format when submitted for permanent archiving
All students in a research master’s degree program (M.A. or M.S.) who complete a thesis as the culminating experience for the degree.
- To ensure that the final version of the thesis is formatted appropriately the student must submit a draft of the thesis to the Graduate School’s Office of Theses and Dissertations for format review.
- Submission for format review must be made by the announced deadline for the semester in which the degree will be conferred.
- After the student has received approval by the advisers and/or committee members and the head of the graduate program, the final copy of the thesis (incorporating any format changes requested by the Office of Theses and Dissertations) must be uploaded to the eTD website so that it constitutes an official University record for inclusion in the University Libraries and must be made available to the public.
- Final submission must be by the announced deadline for the semester/session in which the degree will be conferred. The student must also provide a final copy of the thesis to the head of the graduate program.
The Thesis/Dissertation Guide provides details concerning format and other requirements.
- Nov. 4, 2019 – Policy revised.
- Updated to clarify the intent of submission to the University.
- Adapted from Graduate Bulletin: June 2018