- At least two weeks prior to the date of the examination, the dissertation committee chair should send a request to schedule the examination to Graduate Enrollment Services (GES) by either campus mail or email; the request should be sent directly to the appropriate GES enrollment coordinator (see alpha-breakdown). The request should include the following:
- The student’s name and Penn State ID
- The date of the examination
- The type of examination
- The name(s) of each committee member(s) participating via distance
- For each committee member participating via distance list the mode in which the identified member(s) will be participating (ex. Phone, Zoom, Skype, etc.).
- Graduate Enrollment Services will review the request and inform the chair of the decision by email.
- The chair will communicate the decision to the student and all doctoral dissertation committee members well in advance of the examination so that accommodations can be arranged.
Approved by The Graduate School, July 24, 2019