Time Limitation - Research Master's
To set the maximum time limit for students pursuing a research master’s degree (M.A. or M.S.).
To ensure that all students pursuing a research master’s degree (M.A. or M.S.) complete their studies in a timely manner.
All students in a research master’s degree program (M.A. or M.S.).
- All requirements for a master’s degree, including acceptance of the culminating experience must be met within eight years of the beginning of the semester of admission to the graduate degree program.
- Individual graduate programs may set shorter time limits, as approved through the Graduate Council curricular review process.
- Approved by Graduate Council, February 17, 2021. Effective immediately.
- Policy Statement #2 revised for clarity. Process section removed.
- Adapted from Graduate Bulletin: July 2018