Information for Industry Partners
Leading holistic workforce development and integration through industry-academic collaborations
Accelerate to Industry (A2i) is a professional program offered by the Penn State Graduate School that represents the interests of more than 14,000 diverse graduate students and postdoctoral associates from across all academic disciplines.
The A2i approach offers companies the opportunity to collaborate with Penn State University to shape the future of holistic and integrated workforce readiness at your company. Through A2i, you can recruit and directly impact the training of graduate and postdoctoral researchers. Our industry partners help us prepare trainees in the following areas:
- Leadership, teamwork, and communication
- Intellectual property and regulatory affairs
- Market and technology evaluation
- Project management
The A2i program includes several modules that offer a broad range of distinctive partnership opportunities:
To learn more about the A2i modules visit the main page.
Opportunities to Engage
We offer an Annual Corporate Sponsorship program that includes the following features:
- A2i Recruitment Support: we work with our members’ talent acquisition teams identify trainees whose interests, skills, and values align with their company’s culture and talent needs. We facilitate recruiting, on-site interviewing, and marketing on campus for our industry members.
- Local, regional, and national recognition across A2i Academic Partners
- Recognition on our website and social media channels
- Meetings with A2i leadership
- Semester and year-long cross-disciplinary team projects, visits to company sites, and internships
- Invited talks, interactive workshops, and networking during A2i Industry Immersion Week, including the company fair
- Tailoring of A2i program content, project work, and activities to the topics that best suit company needs
Penn State A2i Annual Corporate Sponsorship Program
1 Immersion Week Lunch Leadership presentation
Featured company exhibit/ booth on display throughout the entire Immersion Week
Enhanced partnership with A2i leadership team
Additional Immersion Week presentation
Quarterly meetings with the A2i Leadership Team
1 Immersion Week Breakfast Leadership talk
1 Immersion Week presentation
Develop strategic plan for long-term talent acquisition at Penn State
Small advertisement in brochure and presentations
Onsite campus interview accommodations during Immersion Week
Exhibit/booth space during the Immersion Week
Registration for the Immersion Week Company Expo
Facilitated connections between A2i participants and companies during Immersion Week.
A2i targeted recruitment support service for internships, job positions, and other hiring needs
|*All tiers include the features of previous tiers|
If you're interested in becoming an Industry Partner or if you have any other questions, please contact Sarah Ades, Associate Dean for Graduate Student Affairs at firstname.lastname@example.org.