Application Process and Guidelines
The application process is conducted electronically via a secure website. Entry forms will be accepted beginning Saturday, November 1, 2014, and continuing until 5 p.m. Friday, February 6, 2015. An electronic version of the application must be forwarded by the student's adviser, program chair, or department head to L-GRADUATE-EXHIBITION@lists.psu.edu by 5 p.m. on Friday, February 6, 2015.
Late applications will not be accepted. Links to the complete guidelines are provided below.
Abstracts must be in final, completed form before finalizing your application. Once the abstract is submitted, no editorial changes will be permitted. Be sure to submit a high-quality abstract as it will be available for public viewing, and made available to the press for publicity purposes. In addition, students should be careful to avoid certain notations and language (e.g., scientific or mathematical symbols) that may not transmit electronically or be understood by the general public.
We strongly urge you to review your abstract with your thesis adviser before finalizing your application.
Applications will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. Each college is guaranteed 10 poster spaces; the additional spaces will be assigned according to the number of entries submitted. The number of performances and visual arts exhibits will be available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Professionalism at the Graduate Exhibition
As a celebration of the best of Penn State, the Graduate Exhibition is a showcase for our graduate activities and us as a community. The Exhibition attracts large numbers of visitors to Penn State, who bring with them wide-ranging backgrounds and experiences. We encourage all participants to recognize the value of making their work accessible and useful to all who attend. Helping these visitors to understand the excitement we feel for our work is an important component of the Graduate Exhibition. Additionally many members of the Penn State community devote (and volunteer) great amounts of their time to make the Exhibition a success. We expect that all who participate value those contributions, and show their appreciation for those efforts.
- 2015 Graduate Exhibition Information Session: Tuesday, January 20, 2015
- View the flyer for the Graduate Exhibition Information Session
- View the 2013 Graduate Exhibition Information Session Video
How to Create an Exhibition Poster
- "How to Create an Exhibition Poster" Session: Tuesday, January 27, 2015
- View the flyer for the "How to Create an Exhibition Poster" session
- View the 2013 "How to Create an Exhibition Poster" Information Session
- Poster Guidelines
(View Poster Printing information)
- Performance Guidelines
- Visual Arts Exhibit Guidelines
Examples of Winning Abstracts
- Arts and Humanities
- Health and Life Sciences
- Physical Sciences and Mathematics
- Social and Behavioral Sciences
- Visual Arts
- Exhibitor Application
- Judge Application (for those with a PSU Access Account, i.e. abc123)
- Judge Application (for those outside PSU)