Committee on Graduate Research
It shall consist of at least seven members, one of whom shall be a graduate student. The Graduate Faculty membership shall be selected so as to include representation from the health and life sciences; the basic and applied physical sciences and engineering; the social and behavioral sciences; and the arts and humanities. The Associate Vice President for Research and the Assistant/Associate Dean of the Graduate School shall be ex officio members of this Committee.
The Committee's responsibilities are as follows:
- Advise the Graduate Council on policies and procedures that affect graduate research.
- Foster graduate research at The Pennsylvania State University by aiding the Graduate Council in recognizing and rewarding outstanding graduate research performed by faculty and students of The Pennsylvania State University.
- Support efforts, at all University levels, to enhance the funding of graduate research.
- Support efforts to attract and retain excellent graduate students.
- Inform and advise the Graduate Council on issues and opportunities associated with industrial-academic-related research areas, particularly as they affect graduate research and graduate study.
- Recommend to the Graduate Council appropriate policies or actions on emerging political, budgetary, and academic issues related to graduate research.
- David Atwill, Associate Professor of History and Asian Studies, College of the Liberal Arts
- Mara Cloutier, Graduate Student in Soil Science
- Raghu Garud, Professor of Management and Organization, Smeal College of Business
- Elizabeth Hughes, Assistant Professor of Special Education, College of Education
- Kevin Luhman, Professor of Astronomy and Astrophsyics, Eberly College of Science
- Siel Maximova, Senior Scientist and Professor of Horticulture, College of Agricultural Sciences Chair (Research)
- George Moldovan, Assistant Professor of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, College of Medicine
- Daniel Morgan, Assistant Professor of Anesthesiology, College of Medicine Chair (Exhibition)
- Elizabeth Tisdell, Professor of Lifelong Learning and Adult Education, Penn State Harrisburg
- Kathryn Salzer, Associate Professor of History, College of the Liberal Arts
- Suzanne Adair, Associate Dean for Graduate Student Affairs, Ex Officio