Committee on Academic Standards
It shall consist of seven members.
It shall be responsible for standards of quality of graduate programs and research and is authorized to select Subcommittees for the following activities:
- Admissions: Studies admission and evaluation techniques and recommends to the Graduate Council standards and policies for the admission of students.
- Membership of the Graduate Faculty: Recommends criteria for membership in the Graduate Faculty.
- Theses: Considers general policy, objectives, standards, regulations, procedures, and requirements relating to theses.
- Languages and Communications: Works with and advises on problems of graduate training and professional development in the area of instrumental languages and communication skills.
- L. Sam Finn, Professor of Physics, Eberly College of Science, Chair
- Daniel Hayes, Associate Professor of Biomedical Engineering, College of Engineering
- Zaryab Iqbal, Associate Professor of Political Science, College of the Liberal Arts
- Seoki Lee, Associate Professor of Hospitality Management, College of Health and Human Development
- Jacqueline Mogle, Research Assistant Professor of Nursing, College of Nursing
- Ute Poerschke, Professor of Architecture, College of Arts and Architecture
- Douglas Stairs, Assistant Professor of Pathology, College of Medicine
- Regina Vasilatos-Younken, Vice Provost for Graduate Education and Dean of the Graduate School, Ex Officio
- Michael Verderame, Senior Associate Dean of the Graduate School, Ex Officio
- William Clark, Associate Dean, Ex Officio
- Lori Anne Hawn, Director of Graduate Student Services, Ex Officio
- Vicki Hewitt, Director of Graduate Education Administration, Ex Officio