Summer Research Internship
- An eight-week internship during the summer in which McNair Scholars perform active graduate level research under the direction of a faculty research adviser
- A university course in discipline-related research methodology to be completed no later than the spring before the summer internship begins
- Retreats, seminars, visitations, social and cultural activities
- Presentation of research findings at the OGEEP Summer Research Symposium (joint undertaking of the Penn State McNair and SROP programs)
- Publication of research paper in "The Penn State McNair Journal"
- Receive a monetary stipend plus a modest living allowance for the summer at the University Park campus