- Be eligible to receive financial support for the summer research project.
- Establish a relationship with a faculty social mentor for ongoing academic advising and assistance developing an academic plan for graduate study.
- Establish a relationship with a faculty research adviser for guidance through the research project and an introduction to your academic discipline.
- Receive support services including: academic seminars, individual surveys and assessments, tutoring services as needed, GRE preparation.
- Opportunities to visit graduate school programs.*
- Opportunities to attend local, regional, and national conferences to present research.*
- Receive financial education and counseling including: individual financial counseling services, a money management seminar, and a seminar on graduate and doctoral program funding alternatives.
- Receive personal support services including: individualized technology/computer/library assistance, career counseling, academic career planning, and a peer support system.
- Receive assistance applying to graduate schools.
- Receive assistance applying for financial aid.
- Application fee waivers from participating graduate schools.
- Be eligible for GRE test fee vouchers.
McNair Scholars are presented with opportunities to study and do research in the University's state-of-the-art facilities in order to hone those skills required for success in doctoral education.
*Travel funds are contingent upon program participation and are granted at the discretion of the director.