How to Submit a Master's Thesis
- Become familiar with the format requirements by reading the Thesis and Dissertation Guide.
- Apply to graduate on LionPATH during the semester in which you plan to graduate. Deadlines for submitting your thesis can be viewed on the Thesis, Dissertation, Performance, and Oral Presentation Calendar.
- Upload a draft of your thesis for format review (PDF only) to the eTD website by the specified deadline. Corrections and detailed instructions will be returned to you by email within two weeks.
- Make any changes required by adviser and/or readers. Receive approval in the form of signatures on the Master’s Signatory Page.
- Review the thesis one final time to be sure that no further changes are needed. It will not be possible to make corrections after final approval by the Office of Theses and Dissertations. Convert the file into a PDF for eTD submission. If you cannot do this, contact the Office of Theses and Dissertations for assistance.
- Go to the eTD website and upload the final eTD; submit master’s Signatory Page to the Office of Theses and Dissertations and pay $25 thesis fee. The fee can be paid at the Payment Section of the Graduate School Thesis and Dissertation Information webpage.
- Await notification of eTD approval by email. If changes are required, you will be notified. Your eTD will be accessible on the eTD website immediately after graduation, unless you have chosen restricted access.
If bound copies are needed, contact any Multimedia & Print Center on campus or you may use an off-campus source. All copies are the author’s responsibility. The Graduate School does not provide copies.